Tuesday 7 October 2008

My CV

In the recent years my focus of interest has been on knowledge management in museums and cultural heritage. Involved in the Swedish national project for Knowledge Management in Museum Systems (KMM) I have worked with the design of projects in collaboration with the Swedish Handicraft Consultants, as well as Uppsala University with Museum Gustavianum, and the Department of Information Science.
I have a special interest in terminological issues, and the possibilities opened by the core ontology for cultural heritage, which was established as an ISO-standard in 2006. This standard comprises a model for the relation between key concepts of the cultural hreitage sector. The model has been developed from established museum practice and evolves through a process of harmonization in collaboration between special groups from the international communities of the ALM-sector (Archives, Libraries, and Museums).
I have been involved in discussions on the roles of handicraft skills, institutional practice, and system development in the work for establishing authorities, standards, ontologies, or other terminological resources.
Conceptual history and the role of critical concepts for aesthetic experience was at the core of my thesis research. I used the controversy in Art Theory over the possibilities of an inverted perspective in Ancient, Eastern, and Medieval Art as material. My aesthetic approach to this ancient theme has provided insights in philosophical as well as historical issues of perception and language.
I am currently involved in matters concerning Butoh dance, painting and contemporary art forms. This provides sources for my understanding of terminological and notational questions concerning presentation, documentation and evaluation in contemporary Art debate.

My most recent project is the development of tools for exploring Pilgrimage, Churches and Landscape as future spiritual, recreational, and commercial large scale projects.

No comments: